Finnigan™ LCQ™ Advantage MAX
The Finnigan LCQ Advantage MAX ion trap mass spectrometer delivers high productivity compound identification for the routine HPLC environment.
The Finnigan LCQ Advantage MAX is the workhorse ion trap mass spectrometer for high productivity LC/MS/MS results and is easily upgraded to MSn performance. The Finnigan LCQ Advantage MAX now features the universal Ion Max source that allows simple tool-less switching of ionization probes. Ion Sweep™ gas reduces chemical noise, while a removable ion capillary tube allows for vent-free source maintenance. Reliability, combined with ease-of-use, make the Finnigan LCQ Advantage MAX an ideal match for the routine HPLC environment. Library searchable MS/MS spectra facilitate unequivocal identification of analytes present in complex matrices. Seamless integration to the Finnigan Surveyor™ and other LC systems, and powerful data analysis capabilities ensure maximum productivity reducing analytical development time within your laboratory.
- Universal Ion Max™ source
- Reliability and ease of operation for high productivity LC/MS/MS
- Integrates seamlessly with LC systems
- Unequivocal identification of analytes from library searchable MS/MS spectra
- Optional MSn capability
Ion Max API Source
- Enhanced sensitivity and ruggedness
- Ion Sweep gas reduces chemical noise
- 60° interchangeable ion probe orientation
- Removable metal ion capillary tube provides vent-free maintenance
- Syringe pump for direct sample infusion
- Fully-automated tuning and signal optimization
- Differentially-pumped vacuum system to 10-5 Torr
- “Dual flow” turbomolecular pump design controls vacuum in two regions
- High-performance roughing pump designed to back up turbomolecular pump
- Precision-engineered, high-vacuum cast aluminum analyzer chamber
- Patented, post-acceleration conversion dynode with ±15 kV applied voltage for efficient detection of positive or
- Off-axis continuous dynode electron multiplier with extended dynamic range
- Unique direct mounting of the multiplier to the electrometer PCB reduces electrical noise
- Digital electronic noise discrimination
The attribute that sets the LCQ Advantage MS detector apart from other LC detectors is the high level of analytical specificity that it provides. The LCQ Advantage can provide five levels of analysis. Each level of analysis adds a new dimension of specificity for positive compound identification.
Two-stage mass analysis allows for even more positive compound identification. MS/MS analysis monitors a reaction path: the production of a specific product ion from a specific parent ion [called selective reaction monitoring (SRM)]. Using SRM analysis, for example, you can easily quantitate target analytes in complex matrices such as plant or animal tissue, plasma. urine, groundwater, and soil. Because of the specificity of MS/MS measurements and the ability to eliminate interferences by an initial mass selection stage, quantitative target compound analysis is easily accomplished using the LCQ Advantage MS detector.
This system includes:
- Xcalibur Software
- Edwards E2M30 Vacuum Pump
- LCQ Advantage LCMS
MS/MS Sensitivity Electrospray Ionization (ESI) – A 2 μL loop injection of a 5-pg/μL solution of reserpine (10 picograms [16 femtomoles] total sample) at a flow of 350 μL/min of 50% isopropyl alcohol/50% water will produce a minimum signal-to-noise ratio of 10:1 for the transition of the unit isolated protonated molecular ion at m/z 609 to the largest product ion, when the mass spectrometer is operated at unit resolution in the full-scan MS/MS mode, scanning the product ion spectrum from m/z 165-615.
Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization (APCI) – A 2 μL loop injection of a 5-pg/μL solution of reserpine (10 picograms [16 femtomoles] total sample) at a flow of 400 μL/min of 50% isopropyl alcohol/50% water will produce a minimum signal-tonoise ratio of 10:1 for the transition of the unit isolated protonated molecular ion at m/z 609 to the largest product ion, when the mass spectrometer is operated at unit resolution in the full-scan MS/MS mode, scanning the product ion spectrum from m/z 165-615.
- One 230 Vac ±10.0%, 50/60 Hz, single phase, with earth ground dedicated to the instrument
- Mechanical pump powered from Finnigan LCQ Advantage
- 120 or 230 Vac single phase,with earth ground for the data system
- One high-purity (99% pure) nitrogen gas supply for the API source
- One ultra-high-purity helium gas supply (99.998% pure) with less than 1 ppm each of water, oxygen, and total hydrocarbons for the mass analyzer
- System averages 8000 Btu/h (2300 W) output when considering air conditioning needs
- Operating environment must be 15-27 °C (59-80 °F) and relative humidity must be 40-80% with no condensation
- Optimum operating temperature is 18-21°C (65-70 °F)
- MS: 56 cm × 65 cm × 76 cm (h × w × d)
- MS: ~113 kg
- Roughing Pump: 38.6 kg
- m/z 50 – 2000
- MS and MS/MS standard
- Upgradeable to MSn, for n = 1 to 10
MS Communication Protocols
- Contact Closure
- Start In/Out
- Ready In/Out