This Bruker Esquire 3000 Plus Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer is in excellent condition. A new LC-ESI-MS ( LCMS / LC MS ) instrument from Bruker Daltonics. The Esquire 3000 plus ESI-MS can be used for direct mass determination of any compound, be it a peptide, protein or any small molecule. The LC-ESI can not only provide information on the mass of the individual components in a sample, but also aid in the resolution of the different components of a mixture.
The ESI-MS is provided with a spray chamber, an ion focusing and transport region, skimmer, octopoles and lenses. The spray chamber contains a nebulizer, an end plate and drying gas. We use ultra pure grade nitrogen as the drying gas as it is cost effective. The nebulizer needs to be used carefully, as particulate matter can clog the pore, but can be physically removed and cleaned. The ESI-MS also contains a nanospray apparatus. The sample has to be loaded in a thin, yet expensive, capillary (only one per sample). The loading of the sample by this process is very difficult, thus we avoid using this feature.
System features included:
- Standard Mass Range 50-3,000 m/z (up to m/z 6000 in extended mode)
- Continuous flow electrospray ionization (ESI)
- Standard resolution mode resolving 2+ ions at 13,000 u/sec
- Maximum resolution mode resolving 3+ and 4+ ions at 1,650 u/sec
- Extended mass range 200-6,000 m/z at 27,000 u/sec
- Unsurpassed sensitivity in the low pg range
- Fast Polarity Switching