Bio-Rad DNA Engine Tetrad 2 Peltier Thermal Cycler with (4 x 96 Well Alpha Blocks)
The four-bay Bio-Rad DNA Engine Tetrad 2 Thermal Cycler is a redesigned and updated version of the original DNA Engine Tetrad chassis, which was instrumental to the Human Genome Project. It delivers the same precise thermal performance as the DNA Engine Dyad cycler and original Tetrad thermal cyclers, allowing easy transport of protocols across platforms.
- Bio-Rad DNA Engine Tetrad 2 Peltier Thermal Cycler
- (4) 96- Well Alpha Blocks
- Power cords
The DNA Engine Tetrad 2 cycler contains an onboard Pentium-class computer that delivers an advanced graphical interface – ideal for managing production-grade thermal cycling. Protocols can be created and edited rapidly and easily via the mouse-directed point-and-click navigation. Real-time displays of block, sample, and lid temperatures provide quality assurance that the thermal cycler is performing as directed. Software features – such as error tracking logs, run tracking files, problem resolution trees, and file management tools – offer valuable information for troubleshooting during high-throughput runs.
The Bio-Rad DNA Engine Tetrad 2 Thermal Cycler offers multi-block thermal cycling in a thermal range of 0–105˚C with an accuracy of ±0.3˚C. The Bio Rad DNA Engine Tetrad 2 reaches a ramping speed of up to 3˚C/sec with a memory of 1,000 programs.
- Windows operating system-based software
- 4-bay high-throughput thermal cycling
- Up to 8 individual sample blocks can be controlled independently or as a group
- Up to 1,536 samples can be processed simultaneously
- High-density color display and on-board mousepad, with point-and-click navigation of software
- Real-time monitoring of cycling temperatures
All thermal cyclers in the DNA Engine family offer
- 10 interchangeable Alpha unit formats designed for easy, frequent change
- Independently controlled dual blocks for running 2 protocols simultaneously
- Gradient capability with 96-well Alpha units
- Multizone feedback control that uses multiple sensors and 4 heating and cooling zones to optimize temperature profiles
- Excellent temperature accuracy and uniformity
- 2 temperature control options: block control or calculated control
- Adjustable heated lids that accommodate many vessel types and various sealing options